Location: New Jersey Company: Riedel Sign Company Website: http://www.riedelsignco.com Bio: Self-taught, Bill Riedel has been doing sign work, airbrushing and pinstriping since 1954. His work has been featured in Sign of the Times and Sign Builder magazines. Riedel also published a how-to article on gold leafing in Signcraft magazine. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
May 9 - 13, 2016 in Orlando
Visit AirbrushGetaway.com or Click Here to Register
Learn airbrushing hands-on from the masters at the Airbrush Getaway workshops. Register today: Orlando, May 4 - 8, 2015
or Call 1.800.232.8998
Archive | January, 2013
Location: Nashville, TN Specialty: Screen-printing, Motorcycles, Vans, T-shirts, Technical Writing Website: www.andersonstudioinc.com Bio: Working on his own motorcycle as a young teenager, Andy taught himself how to airbrush and found the passion for the art in 1968. In 1976, he opened Anderson Studio, Inc. a custom shop focusing on motorcycles, vans, tour buses, and, ultimately, T-shirt screen printing. […]
Think hot-rodding is only for cars? Think again. Artist Jan Larkman flames out a guitar. Hot-rodding a guitar is a project I’ve wanted to undertake for quite some time. After doing some paintings on motorcycle gas tanks with Createx Auto Air — jamming, if you will — I finally bought my canvas, a used guitar. […]
PDF file: Click here to download the PDF File by Craig Fraser “Everything you wanted to know about your new stencils,…but were afraid I to ask.” For the uninitiated, this column instructs on the use and techniques of all stencils in the innovative Artool line, from ullmasters to FX to FlameA-Rama, and anything else we have […]
Location: Orange County, California Website: http://www.facebook.com/dougdorr Bio: A natural artist, drawing since the age of seven, Doug Dorr looked up to his father, George Dorr, a custom car builder who took his son to car shows, where he met Von Dutch, Ed Roth and other pinstripers. He taught himself how to airbrush using a car […]
PDF file: Click here to download the PDF File For these installments of T-shirt Tactics, I’m going to share my thoughts on how to paint a vehicle on a shirt. My approach to is very formulaic and metered. ” I don’t consider it very flashy, but it produces a very high quality shirt design that I […]
Ghost Flames, PDF file: Click here to download the PDF File Step 1 After wet sanding with 800-grit sand paper, I clean the surface with a tack cloth before taping. Step 2 Before laying out the flame design, I place a piece of 1/8-inch tape dead center of the hood to aid in lining up my […]
Intro to Vinyl Plotters - PDF file: Click here to download the PDF File THOUGH CONSIDERED A STANDARD TOOL IN THE sign business (and a threat to customp painters) with their production of inexpensive signs, lettering, and graphics, plotters are increasingly finding their place in the custom paint and airbrush world. From concept to finish masking, vinyl […]
Click here to download the PDF File REMEMBER THAT JUST BECAUSE THIS IS AN AUTOMOTIVE COLUMN DOESN’T MEAN YOU HAVE TO stick to painting cars and bikes. These stencils can be used for everything from body art, to wall murals, to cake decorating, and they’re made with a solvent-proof polymer, so you don’t have to […]
Eliminating most of the sharp lines from your work will make it more photographic. Locale: Panama City, Florida Specialty: Portraits Cred: Nationally known for his photo-real airbrush portraits, Troy Pierce exhibits and teaches all over the United States. He won rst prize in the annual Living Art Expo in Key West, and his work is featured […]
“Set realistic goals.” Locale: Fort Walton Beach, Florida Website: www.facebook.com/EddieDavisArt Specialty: Skulls Cred: Eddie Davis has been airbrushing professionally in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin, Florida area since 1989. He has worked with House of Kolor and Iwata/Medea at SEMA, was a winner of the 2009 Coast Airbrush Deck Competition, and airbrushed the custom street rods of Captains Andy and […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's March - April 2016 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action Magazine March - April 2016 Issue Now Available February 29, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine January - February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November - December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- Airbrush Action September - October 2015 Issue is Now Available! August 25, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush - Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines - Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk - Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: March - April 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.
Airbrush Action Guides