Locale: Las Vegas, Nevada Website: www.amazonairbrush.vpweb.com Specialty: Faces, T-shirts Cred: Cheryl Vaughn owns and operates Amazon Airbrush. She began airbrushing T-shirts in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, in the 1980’s. Vaughn offers her body painting talents year-round, and the Halloween season is her favorite. She recently airbrushed the performance wardrobe for the band Sugarland’s 2012 Summer Tour. Vaughn is […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
May 9 - 13, 2016 in Orlando
Archive | January, 2013
by Craig Fraser Download the PDF After all these years of e-mails asking how to use my stencil systems, I want to assure you that only 80-percent of your cries fell on deaf ears. Just kidding. Even with the Skullmaster video, there have been a number of questions floating around on how to use these […]
by Craig Fraser Continued from Fraser’s Mastering Return of Skullmaster Artool Stencil – PART 1 When I left you last, I explained how the stencil or freehand shield is a tool, pure and simple. It’s neither good nor evil, smart nor stupid. It reflects the abilities and creativity of its user. I also introduced Frontal […]
by Bill Silvers I got the idea to paint idealized poster girls one day while work- Iing alongside an artist who creates stylized renderings of women similar to those done by the late Patrick Nagel. The figures I illustrate have exaggerated pro- portions to enhance their visual impact. Since I have always hated doing the same […]
Location: New York Specialty: Airbrushing, fine art Websites: www.doneddyart.com www.nancyhoffmangallery.com Bio: After receiving a BFA and MFA at the University of Hawaii, Don Eddy eventually moved to New York City and has had a long career as a successful artist. Considered a photo-realist, his paintings juxtapose images of nature and culture in a way that is […]
Location: Blair, SC Website: www.drublair.com Bio: Dru Blair was born in Newbern, NC., September 7. Growing up in Columbia, SC, his ambitions originally were directed toward a career in medicine. However, during his undergraduate studies at Furman University in Greenville, SC, he discovered an artistic ability. He switched majors his senior year and graduated in 1981 […]
Ask ceramists that work with stencils and the airbrush why they use stencils, and chances are nine out of ten they will answer, “Because I’m crazy.” Stencils aren’t easy to work with in almost any situation. They are tedious, time consuming, and take some spontaneity out of the work. When using them on ceramic pieces […]
Harold Wood, a highly successful commercial photographer who specializes in uncommon product shots, has come up with what he feels is a unique use for airbrushing in his work. He sprays highlights and shadows onto products when he finds it impossible to create such effects with lighting. It’s a method, Wood pointed out in a […]
This article won’t teach you all there is to know about photo retouching– that’s why its called a primer. But what it will tell you, in concrete terms, is what you need to bring to the craft of print retouching, including black and white photo retouching, even before you start-and what you first need to practice after you start. We have chosen to discuss […]
Location: Riverdale, NJ Specialty: Airbrushing, Hand-painted Lettering, and Pinstriping Company: Bert Graphix Website: www.bertgraphix.com Bio: Bert Quimby is a self-taught artist whose specialties include airbrushing, hand-painted lettering, and pinstriping on cars, bikes and signs. He has written how-to articles for Sign Craft, Airbrush Action, Signs of the Times, and many other trade magazines. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org More Airbrush Artists
Art Himsl calls his style “creative precision,” Himsl’s vision combines the impact of elegant lines and the use of dramatic color. Himsl’s work has been published in many magazines, and exhibited in museums. Company: Art Himsl Custom Paint Studio More Airbrush Artists
Airbrush Action Magazine's March - April 2016 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action Magazine May – June 2016 Issue Now Available April 28, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine March – April 2016 Issue Now Available February 29, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine January – February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November – December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk – Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: March - April 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.