Continued from Part 3 If you have been following the three previous installments of T-shirt Basics, you have got a pretty good idea of the types of design that make up the majority of a shop’s T-shirt display. In this installment, I will cover the high-end designs (meaning designs that sell for $25 and up). […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
October 5 - 9, 2015 in Las Vegas
Archive | February, 2013
Continued from Part 2 Up to 25 percent of a T-shirt airbrush artist’s income will come from low-cost custom designs. These are categorized by designs that take from 10-25 minutes to paint and range in price from $13 to $25. West Coast Airbrush’s sales strategy is to always offer customers a choice in how we […]
Continued from Part 1 As promised in the last issue of Airbrush Action, here are 12 great, low-cost standard designs to add to your display. Falling in the $12 and under retail price range, these designs will increase your portfolio as well as your income. These types of designs are categorized by the fact that […]
By Pat Gaines An artist can display all o f the high-cost, high-quality artwork they want in a T-shirt shop. But, the bottom line is that nothing will ever replace the low-priced, quick designs that include a name and a simple black outlined drawing with color. This is the stuff that pays the rent, the […]
Last issue I demonstrated the dagger stroke, the most difficult and important of the almighty four basic strokes in airbrushing. Ultimately, if you master the dagger, you’ve pretty much conquered airbrushing. However, to render you completely rounded as an airbrush pro, I’d be neglectful if I didn’t introduce the fourth & final stroke to produce […]
Download from Scribd After a few phone calls to Hawaiian automotive airbrusher Dennis Mathewson, I decided that I had to make a road trip – well, more like an “air trip.” Dennis is the owner and founder of Cosmic Airbrush in Oahu. Originally from Las Vegas, Dennis migrated to Hawaii about 20 years ago and […]
by Terry Hill (Airbrush Action Magazine March – April 1999) >> Download This A big part of being a T-shirt artist–or being in any business is knowing your market and how to capture its attention. This article focuses on young children. It isn’t about the average spring-breaker; we have plenty of designs for them. This is […]
>> BUY THIS BACK ISSUE << Cover Story: “X-Files Artist Cliff Nielsen: The Truth is In Here” Inside: “Dinosaur Hide: Bringing The Extinct Back To Life” “Airbrushing Feathers: Creating Quill Portraits – It Can Be Done!” “International Spotlight: New Feature Showcases Brit Hit Duncan Gutteridge”
This Kustom Crossword Puzzle appeared in the March – April 2008 issue of Airbrush Action magazine. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD (JPG image file) CLICK HERE FOR THE ANSWERS
DOWNLOAD THIS ARTICLE (PDF) Marc Gabbana has spent much of his life using airbrush (and any other suitable tools) to propagate a gaggle of inventive, amusing, and often alarming creatures. His latest and perhaps most prodigious creation is a Hollywood career-something even more extraordinary for his refusal to abandon his home in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. […]
- New Video Released: “How to Airbrush A Cap” by Ergun Yasar July 30, 2015
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Airbrush Action: July – August 2015 issue released July 29, 2015
- American Geisha: The Art Of Olivia by Olivia De Berardinis July 27, 2015
- Airbrush Action releases May – June 2015 issue April 28, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- Video: Orlando Airbrush Getaway Highlight Reel June 25, 2013
- Learn the ABC’s of Airbrush Lettering with Kent Lind Part I May 3, 2014
- T-Shirt Basics by Pat Gaines – Part 3 February 26, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
- Blast from the Past: How to Airbrush License Plates by Cass Fuller.
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: July - August 2015 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.