How to Troubleshoot Your Airbrush, Optimize Your Airbrush’s Performance with Terry Hill. Work faster, smarter, and more efficiently with a perfectly performing airbrush! Airbrush legend Terry Hill reveals how to maintain and troubleshoot your airbrush for maximum performance.
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
October 5 - 9, 2015 in Las Vegas
Author Archive | AirbrushAction
Deadlines loom over artist Garie Blackwell as frequent and menacing as the summer thunderstorms that crash around he r South Florida studio. For years, Blackwell has fed the insatiable appetite of major advertisers, creating her work under looming and constrictive deadlines. Those deadlines were so dominant in her work and her life that one reason […]
Silhouette designs are easy to produce, rendered quickly for faster money and turnaround, and boast higher sales volume. Additionally, if done properly, silhouette graphics ore very cool to the customer because of the perceived value of a seemingly complex design. Silhouettes are produced with either a positive or a negative stencil. With negative stencils, you […]
Read Part 1 THE GRANITE LOOK Here is a way to turn an ordinary picture frame into one that resembles a piece of finely chiseled granite. Materials you’ll need: base coat color (a light shade of gray mixed with just a touch of brown, red or green), two or three top coat colors (they should […]
Magic is the word for the holiday season — smiles on faces, moods as colorful as the gift-wrapped packages they accompany. Juts as magical are the events of the holidays. Relatives, friends, and neighbors visit more often. We photograph these events, paint or draw pictures as gifts, and save the greeting cards that cheer the […]
Canvas and fine art go hand-in-hand. But readily available off0the-shelf canvas really isn’t tailored for airbrushing. Even stretched and “prepared” canvas that is marketed to airbrush artists has a lot of weave texture in it. I prefer a much smoother surface “ something a bit closer to hot-press illustration board. To achieve that, I’ve developed […]
Ask 10 shirt artists the best way to airbrush onto black shirts and you may very well get 10 different answers. However, all should agree that, if done well, black shirts provide a canvas for some of the most awesome examples of T-shirt art. This article shares a technique that I’ve practiced for 14 years […]
In the previous column, I covered the use of the Sacred Heart stencil, number three of the six-stencil series. Although I tend to jump around a bit in this column, I do try to present complete sets consecutively. This installment marks the grand finale of the Kustom Kulture stencil set of Artool’s latest releases: Aces […]
In the previous column we demonstrated the use of Flyballs and Martini Time, two of the six stencils in the new Artool Kustom Kulture series. I continue with the Kustom Kulture series not only because they’re the newest in the line, but I’ve been having a helluva lot of fun with them. The Sacred Heart […]
In the previous column we covered the use of the Diamond Plate, the second stencil in the FX line. Just to be different this time, I decided to jump ahead a few stencils to introduce the new Flyballs, and Martini Time stencils. Flyballs is my favorite in this series because the flying eyeball is the […]
For the uninitiated, this column instructs on the use and techniques of all stencils in the innovative Artool line, from Skullmasters to FX to Flame-A-Rama, and anything else we have laser cut out of plastic. In the previous column I demonstrated the use of Bullet Ridden, the first stencil in the […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's July - August 2015 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- New Video Released: “How to Airbrush A Cap” by Ergun Yasar July 30, 2015
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Airbrush Action: July – August 2015 issue released July 29, 2015
- American Geisha: The Art Of Olivia by Olivia De Berardinis July 27, 2015
- Airbrush Action releases May – June 2015 issue April 28, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- Video: Orlando Airbrush Getaway Highlight Reel June 25, 2013
- Learn the ABC’s of Airbrush Lettering with Kent Lind Part I May 3, 2014
- T-Shirt Basics by Pat Gaines – Part 3 February 26, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
- Blast from the Past: How to Airbrush License Plates by Cass Fuller.
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: July - August 2015 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.