Read Part 1 THE GRANITE LOOK Here is a way to turn an ordinary picture frame into one that resembles a piece of finely chiseled granite. Materials you’ll need: base coat color (a light shade of gray mixed with just a touch of brown, red or green), two or three top coat colors (they should […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
May 9 - 13, 2016 in Orlando
Author Archive | AirbrushAction
Magic is the word for the holiday season — smiles on faces, moods as colorful as the gift-wrapped packages they accompany. Juts as magical are the events of the holidays. Relatives, friends, and neighbors visit more often. We photograph these events, paint or draw pictures as gifts, and save the greeting cards that cheer the […]
Canvas and fine art go hand-in-hand. But readily available off0the-shelf canvas really isn’t tailored for airbrushing. Even stretched and “prepared” canvas that is marketed to airbrush artists has a lot of weave texture in it. I prefer a much smoother surface “ something a bit closer to hot-press illustration board. To achieve that, I’ve developed […]
Ask 10 shirt artists the best way to airbrush onto black shirts and you may very well get 10 different answers. However, all should agree that, if done well, black shirts provide a canvas for some of the most awesome examples of T-shirt art. This article shares a technique that I’ve practiced for 14 years […]
In the previous column, I covered the use of the Sacred Heart stencil, number three of the six-stencil series. Although I tend to jump around a bit in this column, I do try to present complete sets consecutively. This installment marks the grand finale of the Kustom Kulture stencil set of Artool’s latest releases: Aces […]
In the previous column we demonstrated the use of Flyballs and Martini Time, two of the six stencils in the new Artool Kustom Kulture series. I continue with the Kustom Kulture series not only because they’re the newest in the line, but I’ve been having a helluva lot of fun with them. The Sacred Heart […]
In the previous column we covered the use of the Diamond Plate, the second stencil in the FX line. Just to be different this time, I decided to jump ahead a few stencils to introduce the new Flyballs, and Martini Time stencils. Flyballs is my favorite in this series because the flying eyeball is the […]
For the uninitiated, this column instructs on the use and techniques of all stencils in the innovative Artool line, from Skullmasters to FX to Flame-A-Rama, and anything else we have laser cut out of plastic. In the previous column I demonstrated the use of Bullet Ridden, the first stencil in the […]
I’m proud to say that the previous issue’s coverage on the Pin Up Girlie Stencils from Deborah Mahan was, by the strong reader response, a huge hit. For newcomers to this column, we systematically instruct on the use and techniques recommended for all the Artool stencils I’ve created over […]
The Multiple II stencil is a modification of the original Multiple in the Skullmaster series of stencils, the first series I designed for Artool many moons, and skulls, ago. These modifications are based on suggestions from airbrush artists like you. Some readers felt the â€œskull lineupâ€ area in the top and bottom of the original […]
Click here to read Part 1 The colors of David Kimble’s vintage autos glow as if they were cut from precious stones; the texture of the chrome is so realistic that you expect it to reflect the lights in the room where the painting hangs. You can almost smell the upholster leather. How does Kimble […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's March - April 2016 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action Magazine May – June 2016 Issue Now Available April 28, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine March – April 2016 Issue Now Available February 29, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine January – February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November – December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk – Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- TOP REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS.
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: March - April 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.