Deadlines loom over artist Garie Blackwell as frequent and menacing as the summer thunderstorms that crash around he r South Florida studio. For years, Blackwell has fed the insatiable appetite of major advertisers, creating her work under looming and constrictive deadlines. Those deadlines were so dominant in her work and her life that one reason […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
May 9 - 13, 2016 in Orlando
Archive | Airbrush Artists RSS feed for this section
The short answer is yes. The longer answer is yes and no. First, a definition of stupid is in order. The Random House College Dictionary defines stupid as “adj. 1. lacking ordinary keenness of mind; mentally slow; dull. 2. characterized by, indicative of, or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid act.” It should […]
Location: Colorado Specialty: Automotive art, fine art Company:Automotive Graffiti Website: www.automotivegraffiti.com Bio: Darrell Mayabb has been drawing automotive artwork and cartoons since the age of 8, and in 1970 opened his studio, Automotive Graffiti. Mayabb, an extremely talented artist, credits Tom Medley and his Stroker McGurk cartoon as a huge influence in his career. His artwork has been […]
DOWNLOAD THIS AS A PDF Luca Pagan lives and works in Chioggia, a small fishing town not far from Venice. A self-taught artist, he’s been airbrushing since 1995, and his hobby has become his career. His work has been exhibited all over Europe, including Paris, often in conjunction with traditional oil paintings. He paints on […]
Location: New Jersey Company: Glen Designs Glen Weisgerber, a self-taught artist, has been in business since 1971. Over the years, he has diversified his business to include truck lettering, logo design, pinstriping, guitar painting and customizing bikes. He has written how-to articles for Sign Business magazine […]
Location: California Company: Remling Kustom Fine Art Website: www.remlingkustomfineart.com Bio: Mark was raised in Queens, New York. His artistic influence came from his grandfather who was a commercial artist. Self-taught, Mark moved to Southern California, where his work is displayed in many night clubs, galleries, restaurants, and personal residences. Mark will paint on anythingâ€”motorcycles, canvas, garments, etc. […]
Brian Lynch is the Product Application Manager for Quest Automotive Products. Quest, the parent company of Matrix System Automotive Finishes, is the home of several popular brands in the automotive finish market. Brian has been involved in the automotive kustom painting industry for 37 years in the capacity of painter, sales, product development, and training. “The […]
Continued from Gregory Bridges – Part 1 Following a stint illustrating construction equipment, he became a designer in a graphic art studio and then a freelance in-house art director for a Sydney advertising agency while running his own art gallery at North Sydney. In 1983, helped by his wife, Helene, he started his own design […]
Anyone who disputes the notion that the future is rooted in the past should talk to Australian artist Gregory Bridges. When the futurist-surrealist built a sand castle as a 10- year-old, he learned a lesson that he’s never forgotten, one that he’s applied successfully to his artistic technique. Presumably to keep him from wandering off […]
DOWNLOAD THIS ARTICLE (PDF) Marc Gabbana has spent much of his life using airbrush (and any other suitable tools) to propagate a gaggle of inventive, amusing, and often alarming creatures. His latest and perhaps most prodigious creation is a Hollywood career-something even more extraordinary for his refusal to abandon his home in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. […]
Location: New Jersey Company: Riedel Sign Company Website: http://www.riedelsignco.com Bio: Self-taught, Bill Riedel has been doing sign work, airbrushing and pinstriping since 1954. His work has been featured in Sign of the Times and Sign Builder magazines. Riedel also published a how-to article on gold leafing in Signcraft magazine. Contact: email@example.com
Airbrush Action Magazine's March - April 2016 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action Magazine May – June 2016 Issue Now Available April 28, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine March – April 2016 Issue Now Available February 29, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine January – February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November – December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk – Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: March - April 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.