Javier Soto’s intensive step-by-step of the painting of TV reality star Bobby Ciasulli’s bike will be featured in the upcoming September-October issue of Airbrush Action Magazine. This “can’t miss” 3-parter will feature top pro tricks by one of the world’s best airbrush custom painters. Ciasulli appears in the reality hit show Real Wives of New […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
February 22 - 26, 2016 in Dallas
Archive | Airbrush Tips N Tricks RSS feed for this section
Do you want to learn how to airbrush a cap, such as a baseball cap or a trucker hat? Even with no airbrushing experience, you can learn this valuable and impressive skill from a master of cap airbrushing, world renowned Ergun Yasar. Airbrush.TV has recently released the Yasar’s “How to Airbrush a Cap” video, available […]
By borrowing airbrush techniques from illustrators and photo retouchers and employing revolutionary water- based cosmetics, makeup artists have discovered the potential for limitless creations. No longer categorized solely as a tool for the graphic arts industry, today airbrushes are found in the trained hands of professional cosmetologists, cosmeticians, and freelance makeup artists throughout the world. […]
Deadlines loom over artist Garie Blackwell as frequent and menacing as the summer thunderstorms that crash around he r South Florida studio. For years, Blackwell has fed the insatiable appetite of major advertisers, creating her work under looming and constrictive deadlines. Those deadlines were so dominant in her work and her life that one reason […]
Silhouette designs are easy to produce, rendered quickly for faster money and turnaround, and boast higher sales volume. Additionally, if done properly, silhouette graphics ore very cool to the customer because of the perceived value of a seemingly complex design. Silhouettes are produced with either a positive or a negative stencil. With negative stencils, you […]
Magic is the word for the holiday season — smiles on faces, moods as colorful as the gift-wrapped packages they accompany. Juts as magical are the events of the holidays. Relatives, friends, and neighbors visit more often. We photograph these events, paint or draw pictures as gifts, and save the greeting cards that cheer the […]
Canvas and fine art go hand-in-hand. But readily available off0the-shelf canvas really isn’t tailored for airbrushing. Even stretched and “prepared” canvas that is marketed to airbrush artists has a lot of weave texture in it. I prefer a much smoother surface “ something a bit closer to hot-press illustration board. To achieve that, I’ve developed […]
Ask 10 shirt artists the best way to airbrush onto black shirts and you may very well get 10 different answers. However, all should agree that, if done well, black shirts provide a canvas for some of the most awesome examples of T-shirt art. This article shares a technique that I’ve practiced for 14 years […]
In the previous column, I covered the use of the Sacred Heart stencil, number three of the six-stencil series. Although I tend to jump around a bit in this column, I do try to present complete sets consecutively. This installment marks the grand finale of the Kustom Kulture stencil set of Artool’s latest releases: Aces […]
In the previous column we demonstrated the use of Flyballs and Martini Time, two of the six stencils in the new Artool Kustom Kulture series. I continue with the Kustom Kulture series not only because they’re the newest in the line, but I’ve been having a helluva lot of fun with them. The Sacred Heart […]
In the previous column we covered the use of the Diamond Plate, the second stencil in the FX line. Just to be different this time, I decided to jump ahead a few stencils to introduce the new Flyballs, and Martini Time stencils. Flyballs is my favorite in this series because the flying eyeball is the […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's January - February 2016 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action Magazine January – February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November – December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- Airbrush Action September – October 2015 Issue is Now Available! August 25, 2015
- Soto’s Harley Paint Feature on September-October issue of Airbrush Action Magazine August 16, 2015
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk – Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Troy Pierce – Airbrush Artist – Profile January 21, 2013
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: January - February 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.