The Multiple II stencil is a modification of the original Multiple in the Skullmaster series of stencils, the first series I designed for Artool many moons, and skulls, ago. These modifications are based on suggestions from airbrush artists like you. Some readers felt the â€œskull lineupâ€ area in the top and bottom of the original […]
Archive | Airbrush Tips N Tricks RSS feed for this section
Click here to read Part 1 The colors of David Kimble’s vintage autos glow as if they were cut from precious stones; the texture of the chrome is so realistic that you expect it to reflect the lights in the room where the painting hangs. You can almost smell the upholster leather. How does Kimble […]
David Kimbley is promoting two kinds of images these days: the intricate airbrushed cutaways on which his international reputation is based and the image of his work as technical fine art. Kimble rejects the label ‘technical illustration as being too limiting and not completely descriptive of what he does. He says the fine art pieces […]
At West Coast Airbrush Company’s chain of stores, we like to have a great selection of standard, quick-and-easy designs in the $3 to $12 price range for our customers to choose from. Like most airbrush T-shirt shops, our stores are fairly small, and the space that we allot for our display must be used in […]
The short answer is yes. The longer answer is yes and no. First, a definition of stupid is in order. The Random House College Dictionary defines stupid as “adj. 1. lacking ordinary keenness of mind; mentally slow; dull. 2. characterized by, indicative of, or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid act.” It should […]
In his previous article, Terry discussed basic shapes and paint flow. Of course, every new artist asks “Is there a point to basic shapes, lines, dots, dagger strokes, and so on?” Terry’s answer is, “You’ll be surprised to see how they combine to make recognizable shapes and objects. They are designed to build upon one […]
As we all know, every good T-shirt portrait starts with a detailed reference photo. In this case, I used a picture from Dale Jr.’s 2005 calendar. I usually spend an hour or so studying reference material prior to painting. It’s important to look for odd colors and shadow transitions. Now, lightly trace the photo onto […]
Steven Craig is the owner of SKC Customz in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. He has only been airbrushing for eight years. But in that short amount of time, he has achieved the 2003 House of Kolor Prestigious Painter Award, among many others. He is sponsored by Hot Hues of Dupont Industries and teaches airbrushing. His […]
You could Mark Greenawalt a man for all seasons. During the day, he’s vice-president of Sullivan Designs, an electrical engineering company; at night, he moonlights as a musician. Not one to merely dabble, Greenawalt is a round-the-clock success. This past September, he scored a number one country hit on www.mp3.com with a tune titled â€œSimple […]
Neglected by most beginning T-shirt airbrushers, lettering is and always has been one of the most important aspects of airbrush T-shirt customizing. Personalization is the key factor in this business, giving customers the opportunity to tell the world who they are, publicize their opinions, advertise their business or organization, and even express their love and […]
- American Geisha: The Art Of Olivia by Olivia De Berardinis July 27, 2015
- Airbrush Action releases May – June 2015 issue April 28, 2015
- How to Use Plotters & Vectorize Images – Preview November 25, 2014
- Wizard Pinstriping Basics – Preview October 25, 2014
- EXCLUSIVE. Airbrush Action’s Heir to the Throne! October 16, 2014
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- T-Shirt Basics by Pat Gaines – Part 3 February 26, 2013
- Troy Pierce – Airbrush Artist – Profile January 21, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
- Blast from the Past: How to Airbrush License Plates by Cass Fuller.