For the uninitiated, this column instructs on the use and techniques of all stencils in the innovative Artool line, from Skullmasters to FX to Flame-A-Rama, and anything else we have laser cut out of plastic. In the previous column I demonstrated the use of Bullet Ridden, the first stencil in the […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
May 9 - 13, 2016 in Orlando
Archive | Airbrush Tips N Tricks RSS feed for this section
I’m proud to say that the previous issue’s coverage on the Pin Up Girlie Stencils from Deborah Mahan was, by the strong reader response, a huge hit. For newcomers to this column, we systematically instruct on the use and techniques recommended for all the Artool stencils I’ve created over […]
The Multiple II stencil is a modification of the original Multiple in the Skullmaster series of stencils, the first series I designed for Artool many moons, and skulls, ago. These modifications are based on suggestions from airbrush artists like you. Some readers felt the â€œskull lineupâ€ area in the top and bottom of the original […]
Click here to read Part 1 The colors of David Kimble’s vintage autos glow as if they were cut from precious stones; the texture of the chrome is so realistic that you expect it to reflect the lights in the room where the painting hangs. You can almost smell the upholster leather. How does Kimble […]
David Kimbley is promoting two kinds of images these days: the intricate airbrushed cutaways on which his international reputation is based and the image of his work as technical fine art. Kimble rejects the label ‘technical illustration as being too limiting and not completely descriptive of what he does. He says the fine art pieces […]
At West Coast Airbrush Company’s chain of stores, we like to have a great selection of standard, quick-and-easy designs in the $3 to $12 price range for our customers to choose from. Like most airbrush T-shirt shops, our stores are fairly small, and the space that we allot for our display must be used in […]
The short answer is yes. The longer answer is yes and no. First, a definition of stupid is in order. The Random House College Dictionary defines stupid as “adj. 1. lacking ordinary keenness of mind; mentally slow; dull. 2. characterized by, indicative of, or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid act.” It should […]
In his previous article, Terry discussed basic shapes and paint flow. Of course, every new artist asks “Is there a point to basic shapes, lines, dots, dagger strokes, and so on?” Terry’s answer is, “You’ll be surprised to see how they combine to make recognizable shapes and objects. They are designed to build upon one […]
As we all know, every good T-shirt portrait starts with a detailed reference photo. In this case, I used a picture from Dale Jr.’s 2005 calendar. I usually spend an hour or so studying reference material prior to painting. It’s important to look for odd colors and shadow transitions. Now, lightly trace the photo onto […]
Steven Craig is the owner of SKC Customz in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. He has only been airbrushing for eight years. But in that short amount of time, he has achieved the 2003 House of Kolor Prestigious Painter Award, among many others. He is sponsored by Hot Hues of Dupont Industries and teaches airbrushing. His […]
You could Mark Greenawalt a man for all seasons. During the day, he’s vice-president of Sullivan Designs, an electrical engineering company; at night, he moonlights as a musician. Not one to merely dabble, Greenawalt is a round-the-clock success. This past September, he scored a number one country hit on www.mp3.com with a tune titled â€œSimple […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's March - April 2016 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action Magazine May – June 2016 Issue Now Available April 28, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine March – April 2016 Issue Now Available February 29, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine January – February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November – December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk – Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: March - April 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.