Neglected by most beginning T-shirt airbrushers, lettering is and always has been one of the most important aspects of airbrush T-shirt customizing. Personalization is the key factor in this business, giving customers the opportunity to tell the world who they are, publicize their opinions, advertise their business or organization, and even express their love and […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
February 22 - 26, 2016 in Dallas
Archive | Airbrush Tips N Tricks RSS feed for this section
Click here to read Part 1 Welcome and hello! Have you mastered the first line yet? Can you perform it at will? At this stage, you should be comfortable with the feel of the brush in your hand and have a handle on pulling an 18-inch vertical line. Before moving on to the horizontal line, […]
There are no absolutes in the world of pinstriping. You have only to view a handful of the truly great stripers to see that the possibilities of expression are truly infinite, but at the same time, there are boundaries. Although your color palette is unlimited, the wrong choice can ruin a design. Technique and accuracy […]
Airbrush art on sport equipment and vehicles has a long history. For many years, artists have been turning out lavish designs using enamels and auto acrylics on metal and fiberglass surface. With the invention of windsurfing, a new and interesting area for the airbrush artist materialized. As interest in custom fiberglass sailboards grew, so did […]
There is an entire cottage industry built around model horses. That’s good news for people like Clint Voris who has turned his former part-time hobby into a second job. He produces over 100 custom airbrushed model horses each year. Step 1 Start with a basic factory model horse. The two major manufacturers are Breyer and […]
If you have ever wondered how to do a paint job on a curvy object requiring a completely masked surface, you are in luck. In this article, I’ll show you how to custom paint a bowling pin, but you can use these techniques for any other object you find difficult to tape up completely. These […]
Click here to read Part 1 In the first installment of this article, I walked you through figuring out the overall concept and design of a mall T-shirt airbrush kiosk. In the second part, we’ll continue following the kiosk through its construction, set up, and ultimate working location in a major shopping mall in Indianapolis, […]
In the last issue, Kent Lind highlighted the many choices available for artists operating T-shirt business, from mall kiosks to amusement parks to in-store setups. In a follow-up to that article, West Coast Airbrush’s Pat Gaines will take you through the process o f building your own mall kiosk in this special series. Over the […]
Like many other kustom painters and stripers working today, Dormer got his start in the 1970s. At the time, he was living in Whittier, California, “I actually knew nothing about pinstriping, “he says. “I had a friend who took an auto body and paint class in a junior college back in ’73. He got a […]
Once in awhile you get a call that’s really cool. I mean, beyond cool. Lynn Neiss, of Brut Manufacturing, Inc., Akron, Ohio, revealed that he converted a PT Cruiser into a pick-up truck. For the finishing touch, Lynn elected old-style pinstriping. Because the truck was being clearcoated, I chose House of Kolor urethanes. I have […]
Few things are as difficult to master as the brush-perfect straight line or the beautifully executed symmetry of two opposing arcs. How else can you get the satisfaction of perfecting your design on a ’40 Ford deck lid, knowing that you did this after much practice, discipline and sacrifice? Transfer tactics: Often beginners need assistance […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's January - February 2016 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action Magazine January – February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November – December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- Airbrush Action September – October 2015 Issue is Now Available! August 25, 2015
- Soto’s Harley Paint Feature on September-October issue of Airbrush Action Magazine August 16, 2015
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk – Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Troy Pierce – Airbrush Artist – Profile January 21, 2013
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: January - February 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.