A number of special techniques may be used when rendering feathers. Following is just one method that you may find useful in painting feathers or even fur. Before diving into a painting, which may involve a technique new to me (or present the opportunity of using a familiar technique in a previously unexplored manner), I […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
October 5 - 9, 2015 in Las Vegas
Archive | Airbrush Tips N Tricks RSS feed for this section
Used properly, stencils can effectively achieve continuity in a design and save you a lot of time.Used improperly, they can create some pretty nasty remedial designs. Next in the Skullmaster line is Screamin’ II, a sideprofile image that is similar in some respects to the Frontal II stencil. Step 1: Wanting color, mix up […]
Intro/Step 1: For this project, I wanted something more that just a flat, ordinary panel; so I had a sheet of aluminum cut to size. I then applied a series of wavy, grind marks onto the panel by using a round, red Scotch Bright pad attached to a die grinding disc to give a wilder […]
Click here to read Part 1 We got well on our way in the previous issue (July-August, 08), now it’s time to complete the wolf! 26. Some deeper reds and browns are also airbrushed over the brushwork to enrich the colors and drop the value a bit more. The very dark areas around the eye go […]
For this texture tutorial I wanted to paint an animal with interesting colors and textures, and a snarling wolf fit the bill nicely; the face and head have short, mostly white fur that grows in a very particular pattern, the back and sides have long flowing fur that grows in layers of beige, tan and […]
For those of you who are just getting started, there’s an amazing amount of reference material available, such as Airbrush Action, for great inspiration. I do suggest that if you’re going to copy designs from a magazine or digital reference, concentrate on creating a clean and uniform piece. There’s a great learning curve to mastering […]
THIS ARTICLE DEMONSTRATES THIRTEEN TECHNIQUES ”including stippling, gold leaf, silver gold, variegated gold, airbrushed tribal flames” using about twenty-five mixed colors. Basic surface preparation is vital for best results and proper adhesion, so I wiped down my metal panel first with 409, a water-based degreaser/cleaner. If you prefer something a little stronger, I recommend House […]
REMEMBER THAT JUST BECAUSE THIS IS AN AUTOMOTIVE COLUMN, IT DOESN’T MEAN you have to stick to painting cars and bikes. These stencils can be used for everything from body art, to wall murals, to cake decorating. Made with a solvent-proof polymer, you don’t have to worry about what you paint them with because you […]
Welcome Pinheads. Let’s look at some review strokes. The scroll style can give you fits if you don’t use the right grip, and so the following approach encourages you to abandon the techniques used in dagger striping. The grip for most of these strokes is similar to the way you hold a dart. A light […]
LET’S TAKE A STEP AWAY FROM THE DESIGN aspect of T-shirt airbrushing, and focus on the business aspect this time. Afterall, without good organization and foresight, all aspects of your T-shirt world will suffer. Creativity needs space and an environment that’s free of stress and clutter to really flourish. Imagination can’t take flight if your […]
All kinds of interesting effects can occur as reflections on standing water depending on lighting and surroundings. Surface tension causes the water to cling together on a non-porous surface, giving it mass and dimension. Though water is clear, there may be stark contrast as well as hard and soft edges to shapes within the water […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's July - August 2015 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action September – October 2015 Issue is Now Available! August 25, 2015
- Soto’s Harley Paint Feature on September-October issue of Airbrush Action Magazine August 16, 2015
- New Video Released: “How to Airbrush A Cap” by Ergun Yasar July 30, 2015
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Airbrush Action: July – August 2015 issue released July 29, 2015
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk – Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Troy Pierce – Airbrush Artist – Profile January 21, 2013
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
- Blast from the Past: How to Airbrush License Plates by Cass Fuller.
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: September - October now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.