NEXT MONTH’S ISSUE WILL FEATURE A STEP BY STEP OF THE “Tica” painting, but we decided to give you a sneak preview of how one element is constructed. The highlight on the forehead is the most requested demonstration my students ask me to perform, so I thought it would be appropriate to share the technique […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
February 22 - 26, 2016 in Dallas
Archive | Airbrush Tips N Tricks RSS feed for this section
TOO IMPORTANT TO BE IGNORED All professional pinstripers trim their brushes to achieve maximum performance. Without trimming the straggler hairs from the tipâ€”and sometimes hair from the bellyâ€”of a brush, you’ll experience unwanted â€œscratch linesâ€ and the inability to achieve a fine point, among other things. Chris Mack, of Mack Brush Company, agrees, but cautions […]
WELCOME BACK! All of you have been practicing the primary script-lettering drills outlined and explained in the last issue of Airbrush Actionâ€”you know, the ones about consistency in height, width, angle, and thick and thins, not to mention the exercises with the e-stroke and the script alphabet. Right? I’m just going to have to take […]
MANY OF YOU HAVE SEEN MY WORK OVER THE years in the hallowed pages of Airbrush Action and their DVD collection. I get great response especially for my custom work. However, through all of the accolades ( and believe me, they’re numerous, baby), what I remain most proud of is my common library of lettering. […]
FIGURE 9 DAGGER STROKES INTO SOFT,ORGANIC SHAPES These shapes already look like things we might want to paint – eyebrows, waves, fish, and other shapes from nature. There is a dagger on each end of these shapes. Make a dagger stroke in one direction, then go back over the shape in the opposite direction, like […]
DOWNLOAD THIS ARTICLE AS A PDF Gentlemen, and ladies, rev your airbrushed Deborah Mahan’s Pin-Up Girlies is not only gorgeous, it’s unique in that it is not just one stencil but a 5-stencil system that can be used to create different characters and styles. These styles are also a bit longer than the average Artool […]
DOWNLOAD THIS AS A PDF Luca Pagan lives and works in Chioggia, a small fishing town not far from Venice. A self-taught artist, he’s been airbrushing since 1995, and his hobby has become his career. His work has been exhibited all over Europe, including Paris, often in conjunction with traditional oil paintings. He paints on […]
Ok Kids, here we go again”¦ This go round we’re gonna find some sucker with a cool car and no idea what he wants”¦My sinister plot to take over the world one hyper-colored rocket at a time”¦heheheeee. Now we have a paying victim and life is getting better…. First thing, let’s do some color sketches […]
This article is also available as a PDF > Download MATERIALS: SURFACE: Strathmore 240 Heavyweight Illustration board. I love this board for most illustration work. It’s 100% rag, is virtually indestructible, has a great medium tooth that holds paint beautifully and is perfect for colored pencils and any other medium you want to throw […]
This article is also available as a PDF > Download For this installment of T-shirt Tactics, I’m going straight to re source of ideas that you guys might want to hear about. I’m talking of course about all the e-mails a that I receive each and every week from you, the readers. I have shared […]
Download the PDF To our great delight, we received a lot of great positive feedback on Part I of Wizard’s Between the Lines column from the July-August 2006 issue (if you don’t have that one, it’s available through www.airbrushaction.com and Coast Airbrush). In Part II, Wizard finishes off his piece by adding more […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's January - February 2016 Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- Airbrush Action Magazine January – February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November – December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- Airbrush Action September – October 2015 Issue is Now Available! August 25, 2015
- Soto’s Harley Paint Feature on September-October issue of Airbrush Action Magazine August 16, 2015
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk – Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Troy Pierce – Airbrush Artist – Profile January 21, 2013
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: January - February 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.