CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF FILE By borrowing airbrush techniques from illustrators and photo retouchers and employing revolutionary water- based cosmetics, makeup artists have discovered the potential for limitless creations. No longer categorized solely as a tool for the graphic arts industry, today airbrushes are found in the trained hands of professional cosmetologists, cosmeticians, and […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
October 5 - 9, 2015 in Las Vegas
Archive | Airbrush Tutorial RSS feed for this section
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF With the holiday season coming up many of us T-shirt artists are looking for ways to supplement our income or punch up our display to attract more customers. Many shoppers want a special gift for someone, and a portrait of the beloved family pet is a natural, But beware– these […]
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF Many artists feel that stippling shades of either warm or cool grays at varied pressures is the secret to illustrating realistic-looking stone textures. Louisiana artist Pat Reynolds feels that the more colors he uses, the more realistic hi s granite will look. He will stipple in as many as […]
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF I became interested in airbrushing when i worked a s a manicurist for several years. I had done some hand-painted nail art during that time. and airbrushing fingernails was just gaining attention when I left that profession. When I later began wall stenciling as a part-time business, I began […]
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF I wanted to do a fairly simple step-by-step to demonstrate the use of Auto-Air colors on a model boat. I field a lot of questions about Auto-Air, and yes, it does work! However, a bit of patience is necessary because most people expect the colors to work just like […]
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF Have you ever tried desperately to make a vivid white show up on a dark shirt, jacket, or other cotton/poly garment only to have the paint soak into the fabric and practically disappear? For several years, this frustrating phenomenon forced me to refuse orders from customers who wanted work done […]
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF AT THE AGE OF 13, JOHN HANNUKAINE DISCOVERED THE PINSTRIPING ART OF JACK PUDLINER WHILE vacationing with his aunt and uncle in Redding. At about the same time he saw Ed Roth’s airbrushed shirt work in an issue of Car Craft magazine, and instantly became infatuated with the weirdo […]
DOWNLOAD PDF FILE As an illustrator who works mainly in airbrush, I occasionally find I need a different look for a project. When I was given the opportunity to do a poster illustration for the Fine Arts Fund, I immediately felt that a colored pencil-and-airbrush approach was best. I knew that the art director wanted […]
Download from Scribd After a few phone calls to Hawaiian automotive airbrusher Dennis Mathewson, I decided that I had to make a road trip – well, more like an “air trip.” Dennis is the owner and founder of Cosmic Airbrush in Oahu. Originally from Las Vegas, Dennis migrated to Hawaii about 20 years ago and […]
Think hot-rodding is only for cars? Think again. Artist Jan Larkman flames out a guitar. Hot-rodding a guitar is a project I’ve wanted to undertake for quite some time. After doing some paintings on motorcycle gas tanks with Createx Auto Air — jamming, if you will — I finally bought my canvas, a used guitar. […]
by Bill Silvers I got the idea to paint idealized poster girls one day while work- Iing alongside an artist who creates stylized renderings of women similar to those done by the late Patrick Nagel. The figures I illustrate have exaggerated pro- portions to enhance their visual impact. Since I have always hated doing the same […]
- New Video Released: “How to Airbrush A Cap” by Ergun Yasar July 30, 2015
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Airbrush Action: July – August 2015 issue released July 29, 2015
- American Geisha: The Art Of Olivia by Olivia De Berardinis July 27, 2015
- Airbrush Action releases May – June 2015 issue April 28, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- Video: Orlando Airbrush Getaway Highlight Reel June 25, 2013
- Learn the ABC’s of Airbrush Lettering with Kent Lind Part I May 3, 2014
- T-Shirt Basics by Pat Gaines – Part 3 February 26, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
- Blast from the Past: How to Airbrush License Plates by Cass Fuller.
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: July - August 2015 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.