Ask 10 shirt artists the best way to airbrush onto black shirts and you may very well get 10 different answers. However, all should agree that, if done well, black shirts provide a canvas for some of the most awesome examples of T-shirt art. This article shares a technique that I’ve practiced for 14 years […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
May 9 - 13, 2016 in Orlando
Visit AirbrushGetaway.com or Click Here to Register
Learn airbrushing hands-on from the masters at the Airbrush Getaway workshops. Register today: Orlando, May 4 - 8, 2015
or Call 1.800.232.8998
Archive | T-shirt Airbrushing RSS feed for this section
At West Coast Airbrush Company’s chain of stores, we like to have a great selection of standard, quick-and-easy designs in the $3 to $12 price range for our customers to choose from. Like most airbrush T-shirt shops, our stores are fairly small, and the space that we allot for our display must be used in […]
As we all know, every good T-shirt portrait starts with a detailed reference photo. In this case, I used a picture from Dale Jr.’s 2005 calendar. I usually spend an hour or so studying reference material prior to painting. It’s important to look for odd colors and shadow transitions. Now, lightly trace the photo onto […]
This article is also available as a PDF > Download For this installment of T-shirt Tactics, I’m going straight to re source of ideas that you guys might want to hear about. I’m talking of course about all the e-mails a that I receive each and every week from you, the readers. I have shared […]
Continued from Part 3 If you have been following the three previous installments of T-shirt Basics, you have got a pretty good idea of the types of design that make up the majority of a shop’s T-shirt display. In this installment, I will cover the high-end designs (meaning designs that sell for $25 and up). […]
Continued from Part 2 Up to 25 percent of a T-shirt airbrush artist’s income will come from low-cost custom designs. These are categorized by designs that take from 10-25 minutes to paint and range in price from $13 to $25. West Coast Airbrush’s sales strategy is to always offer customers a choice in how we […]
Continued from Part 1 As promised in the last issue of Airbrush Action, here are 12 great, low-cost standard designs to add to your display. Falling in the $12 and under retail price range, these designs will increase your portfolio as well as your income. These types of designs are categorized by the fact that […]
By Pat Gaines An artist can display all o f the high-cost, high-quality artwork they want in a T-shirt shop. But, the bottom line is that nothing will ever replace the low-priced, quick designs that include a name and a simple black outlined drawing with color. This is the stuff that pays the rent, the […]
PDF file: Click here to download the PDF File For these installments of T-shirt Tactics, I’m going to share my thoughts on how to paint a vehicle on a shirt. My approach to is very formulaic and metered. ” I don’t consider it very flashy, but it produces a very high quality shirt design that I […]
- Airbrush Action Magazine March - April 2016 Issue Now Available February 29, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine January - February 2016 Issue Now Available! December 23, 2015
- Airbrush Action November - December 2015 Issue Now Available October 26, 2015
- 2015 Las Vegas Airbrush Getaway a Success! (Photos and testimonials) October 16, 2015
- Airbrush Action September - October 2015 Issue is Now Available! August 25, 2015
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- How To Clean An Airbrush - Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines - Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- Building Your Own T-Shirt Kiosk - Part 2 May 13, 2014
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
- WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE AIRBRUSH GETAWAY WORKSHOPS. DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO ATTEND THIS POWERFUL TRAINING!
- LEARN to AIRBRUSH KILLER SKULLS from ROD FUCHS & ROB CHURCHILL at the ORLANDO AIRBRUSH GETAWAY!
- AIRBRUSH ACTION’S 8TH LIVE WEBHAT TONIGHT!
- PPG SPONSORS RESTORATION SEMINAR FOR CUSTOM CAR BUILDERS
- NUB TO APPEAR ON AIRBRUSH ACTION’S LIVE WEB CHAT THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 26!
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: March - April 2016 now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.
Airbrush Action Guides