You can read and browse our digital edition in three ways:
- Web browser (online reader)
- 3DIssue App on iOs (iPad) or Android
- Offline Reader on Windows or Mac
To access the digital edition on any of the three ways above, you first need to reach the online reader at the web address we provide you in your monthly subscription emails or in the 1-page PDF that you download when you buy a single issue.
For monthly subscribers, this is what you would receive in your inbox when a new issue is released. It contains a link to the online reader.
Buyers of single issues receive a one-page PDF that has a link to the online reader for that issue.
The Online Reader
The online reader allows you to browse the magazine using a web browser on your PC/Mac, tablet or internet-enabled device. The online reader provides readers an easy way to read the magazine using page-flipping technology.
Here’s how the online reader looks like on a PC web browser:
On the main window you will see the magazine. Initially, the cover page will load with a “Quick Start” box. On the left is the menu (white icons).
Navigating (turning pages)
You can browse through the pages in three ways:
- At the bottom of the screen are thumbnails that you can click to jump to specific pages on the magazine.
- On the both sides of the magazine are arrows which you can click to navigate to the next and previous pages.
- You can also turn the pages of the magazine by clicking and dragging the page corners.
The Left Sidebar Menu
The vertical menu bar on the left side of the screen is always visible for quick and easy access to various functions and options as shown below:
Most of the options in the menu are self-explanatory.
- Print – print all or specific pages to your local printer
- Search – search for keywords or phrases
- Settings – control the zoom and page flip transitions
- Help – overlays the screen with tips on how to use the online reader
- Full Screen – click this to make the reader occupy your entire screen and hide your browser menus and tabs. Press “ESC” to exit full screen mode
- Download – for reading the issue offline (see section below)
- Bookmarks – gives you options to bookmark the current page or access your current bookmarks
- (three white dots) – hover your mouse to access Notes, Thumbnails or Exit
Download for Offline Viewing
You may download the digital issue for offline reading in three ways
- 3dIssue App on iOs (iPad)
- 3dIssue App on Android
- Single issue installer (PC format or Mac format)
- Offline Library and Reader
How to download on iOs (iPad) or an Android device (tablet)
When you access the online reader on an iOs (iPad) or Android device (tablet), you will be prompted and asked if you want to view the magazine using the free 3Dissue App.
If you agree, press OK. If you already have the 3Dissue App, the digital magazine will start to download to the app for offline reading. If you don’t have the App, you will be brought to the iTunes store or Google Play to install the app.
Once installed, the 3dissue app can be used to download our digital issue and read it offline.
How to Download on PC or Mac
You may also download the digital issue for offline reading on a Mac or PC. There are two ways:
- Single issue installer
- Offline Library and Reader
Single issue download
The single issue download provides you with an .exe file (Windows) or .dmg file (Mac) that you need to install like any program. The file will then install and give you the single issue magazine that looks and behaves like the online reader — but it is totally offline, meaning you can read it without an internet connection.
To get a single issue installer, click on the white Download icon on the left sidebar menu. You will then be shown this window:
If you clicked Windows, see option 2 below. If you clicked Mac, see Option 2.
You may have noticed that there is a third option for offline reading on a Mac or PC. It’s called the Reader. The difference between the Reader and the Options 1 and 2 above is that the Reader has a Library keeps all your 3dIssue-formatted publications, even those you downloaded or purchased outside Airbrush Action.
Follow these steps if you chose the Reader option in the screenshot shown above.
That’s it! Need more help? No problem!
This page was last updated on 12/20/2013