The Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS Airbrush is a multi-purpose, high-paint-flow, high-detail Eclipse Series airbrush that covers a wide range of uses. It is the most popular Iwata airbrush model due to its versatility
The HP-BCS Airbrush is usually used to apply premixed or heavier paints. It is also best suited for uses that require exact control of spray when putting moderate-to-heavy amounts of paint to different kinds of surfaces and to sizes of areas.
According to Iwata, this Eclipse Series brush has “established a new benchmark for excellence in an all-purpose airbrush.”
Features of the HP-BCS Airbrush:
- Bottom-feed airbrush features a 0.5-mm needle and nozzle combination
- Sets the industry standard for high-performing, general-purpose, high-paint-flow airbrushes
- Versatile, reliable performance – this airbrush does it all
Image source: Iwata
- Product Name: Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS
- Item Number: ECL 2000
- Paint Reservoir: 2 oz. (84 ml) Siphon-Feed Bottle
- Nozzle-size: 0.5-mm Drop-In Self-Centering Nozzle
- Trigger Action: Dual Action
- Spray Pattern: Hairline to 2 in. (50-mm) Round
Spray and Color Media
Recommended Usage of Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS (Excellent Match)
- Fine Art
- Body Art
- RC Cars
- Wood Carving
- Sign Painter
The Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS is also good for cosmetics, model builders, trains, and dioramas.
Iwata Eclipse HP-BCS Parts
Inest Awata has published a parts guide for the HP-BCS. Download it here: http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/iwata-airbrushes/eclipse/hp-cs/hp-cs-parts-guide/
Recommended Air Pressure for the Eclipse HP-BCS
At 35 psi, the ideal air pressure to utilize all of the airbrush’s unique potential, the Eclipse’s versatility provides high-paint flow for background spray as well as for controllable fine line detail performance.
Recommended Compressor fo the Eclipse HP-BCS
Inest Awata recommends the Iwata Smart Jet Compressor as a good beginner choice. It will provide approximately 20-25 psi of air pressure to the Eclipse.
For high power, the Iwata Power Jet, Power Jet Lite and Power Jet Pro compressors can provide up to 50 psi to the Eclipse.
Recommended Accessory: Iwata Medea Pistol Grip Filter
Miniature in size, the super-fine 5-micron filter element performs like a full-size moisture separator.
Video on YouTube: Iwata Eclipse HP-CS Review + Tear Down
Video: Unboxing of the Eclipse HP-BCS Airbrush
Video: Airbrush Technique - Taking your Iwata Eclipse BCS apart and putting it back together again correctly.
Cleaning the Eclipse HP-BCS
Cleaning the Airbrush between Colors (source)
- Remove the paint bottle.
- Attach a bottle containing the appropriate cleaning solution.
- Spray until the solution sprays clear.
- Remove the bottle of cleaning solution.
- Spray air until the airbrush sprays dry.
- Attach a bottle containing the next color.
- Repeat cleaning procedure when finished
Safety Tips from Iwata
• Always spray in a well ventilated area.
• Do not spray solvent-based (flammable) paints around open flames.
• Use the appropriate respirator to safely filter out the paint vapors
particular to the kind of paint you are using.
• Wear eye protection to prevent paint contact with eyes.
• Never use air pressure that exceeds the airbrush’s limit. (98 psi)
Where to buy the HP-BCS Airbrush:
To see the list of authorized retailers of this airbrush, visit: http://www.iwata-medea.com/buy-now/
Reviews of the Iwata HP-BCS Airbrush
Do you have a negative or positive review of the HP-BCS Airbrush? Do you want to share your user feedback on the Iwata HP-BCS Airbrush? Post in the comments below.
Also see: Airbrush Buyers Guide