Like many other kustom painters and stripers working today, Dormer got his start in the 1970s. At the time, he was living in Whittier, California, “I actually knew nothing about pinstriping, “he says. “I had a friend who took an auto body and paint class in a junior college back in ’73. He got a […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
Archive | Pinstriping RSS feed for this section
Intro/Step 1: For this project, I wanted something more that just a flat, ordinary panel; so I had a sheet of aluminum cut to size. I then applied a series of wavy, grind marks onto the panel by using a round, red Scotch Bright pad attached to a die grinding disc to give a wilder […]
Download the PDF To our great delight, we received a lot of great positive feedback on Part I of Wizard’s Between the Lines column from the July-August 2006 issue (if you don’t have that one, it’s available through www.airbrushaction.com and Coast Airbrush). In Part II, Wizard finishes off his piece by adding more […]
Click here to download the PDF File Step 1: To complete the design on the decklid we started last time we need to be certain the second color complements the first color, and does not dominate the design. So I mixed approximately 60% tan with 40% dark green onto the pallet. Step 2: Next, I […]
- Airbrush Action March – April 2017 Issue now available for sale March 13, 2017
- Airbrush Action January – February 2017 Issue now available December 31, 2016
- Airbrush Action November – December 2016 Issue now available November 5, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine September – October 2016 Issue Now Available August 24, 2016
- Airbrush Action Magazine July – August 2016 Issue Now Available July 9, 2016
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- Troy Pierce – Airbrush Artist – Profile January 21, 2013
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- T-Shirt Basics by Pat Gaines – Part 3 February 26, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.