This article won’t teach you all there is to know about photo retouching– that’s why its called a primer. But what it will tell you, in concrete terms, is what you need to bring to the craft of print retouching, including black and white photo retouching, even before you start-and what you first need to practice after you start. We have chosen to discuss […]
Airbrush Getaway Workshops:
Learn How To Airbrush!
Location: Riverdale, NJ Specialty: Airbrushing, Hand-painted Lettering, and Pinstriping Company: Bert Graphix Website: www.bertgraphix.com Bio: Bert Quimby is a self-taught artist whose specialties include airbrushing, hand-painted lettering, and pinstriping on cars, bikes and signs. He has written how-to articles for Sign Craft, Airbrush Action, Signs of the Times, and many other trade magazines. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org More Airbrush Artists
Art Himsl calls his style “creative precision,” Himsl’s vision combines the impact of elegant lines and the use of dramatic color. Himsl’s work has been published in many magazines, and exhibited in museums. Company: Art Himsl Custom Paint Studio More Airbrush Artists
An extremely talented artist, Andrea Mistretta designs the posters for the New Orleans Mardi Gras celebration each year. She has been drawing since she was three, grew up in her father’s screenprint studio, and has been an illustrator for 31 years. She credits her feature in Airbrush Action magazine as being a big boost in […]
Location: New York After attending Manhattan’s School of Visual Arts and the Phoenix School of Design in the 60’s Alex Dilena went back to Long Island and worked for the sanitation department of Hempstead. He didn’t start pinstriping until 1974, when a friend had showed him the craft by demonstrating on Dilina’s dump truck. Dilina […]
>> Download the Projector Buyer’s Guide (PDF) << The art projector, which has been a handy tool for artists and designers for just about forever, took a major leap in technology last year when the innovative Digital Art Projector LED200 was introduced by Artograph. This giant leap in technology allowed the artist to […]
Download this Compressor Buyer’s Guide (PDF) (New! 2014 Edition) by Pete Johnson Introduction Looking at a matrix of compressors and their attributes on a printed page can be challenging. When I bought my first compressor, I had read a zillion articles (this was pre-Internet) but ended up calling a knowledgeable retailer and saying, “Help!” My […]
Airbrush Action Magazine's Latest Issue is now available -- Print and Digital Edition!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013
- September – October 2017 Airbrush Action Magazine is now available! September 27, 2017
- June – July 2017 Airbrush Action Magazine is now available! July 28, 2017
- Airbrush Action May – June 2017 Issue now available for sale May 8, 2017
- Airbrush Action March – April 2017 Issue now available for sale March 13, 2017
- Airbrush Action January – February 2017 Issue now available December 31, 2016
- How To Clean An Airbrush – Airbrush.TV December 31, 2012
- [Video] Glen Weisgerber demonstrates the single stroke lettering technique September 30, 2013
- Troy Pierce – Airbrush Artist – Profile January 21, 2013
- Airbrushing Cosmetics July 30, 2015
- T-shirt Basics By Pat Gaines – Part 2 February 25, 2013
- Rosilane: Amo maquiagem no airbrush , gostaria de aprender m...
- Iwata Airbrushing: Things You Should Know | alexwiseguydiversify: […] iwata airbrushing paints available out t...
- noah art: Cool airbrush.if you can send me a catalog I do cu...
- eston rawlins: Good Day, i am looking to become an airbrushing m...
- Airbrushing Picture Frames By Lowell Shaw - Airbrush Action Magazine: […] Continue on Part 2 […]...
Airbrush Action Magazine
Featured Items from our Store
Latest Issue: now available -- digital and print!
AIrbrush Action Diamond Collection: All Issues from 1985-2013 in one disc
Now Available! Plotter Mastery DVD
You won't believe what a plotter can do!
Now Available! Creating Killer ZombiesWith zombies trending stronger than ever, this is a must-have step-by-step presentation on how to render the undead using the most cutting-edge art and airbrush techniques, including how to achieve amazing color combinations, photoreal textures, and tons more. “There are the campy, skeletal-clumsy zombies, the brightly colored, comic-book-inspired zombies, even the modern, overly-realistic, and fast-moving zombies. What this means for artists who have a thing for monster/horror imagery, like me,” explains Worthington, “is an endless flood of possibilities to draw upon for inspiration. In this DVD, I share my approach to zombies, how I select colors, and what keeps me moving forward artistically.”
Javier Soto's Power Portraits 2-Disc DVD Set available now!
Power Portraits, the long-awaited DVD from master portrait painter Javier Soto, includes step-by-step instruction on color theory, how to render facial features, flesh tones, troubleshooting problems such as paint settling, hot spots, blowouts, tip dry, pigment migration, puddling, and spidering, how to use an electric eraser, fiber pen, and razor knife for highlighting and detailing, how to render skin pores, the nuances of painting teeth and hair, working with cool and warm colors, how to evaluate the progress of your painting, use of the Artograph LED digital projector, use of Wicked Colors, and much more.